1 .When you light your candle for the first time, the candle should be burned until the top becomes completely liquefied. If a candle is burned for only a short period of time, a core will form down the center. This core will leave you with wasted wax at the sides of the candle and the fragrance will not be as strong.
2. It is not necessary to trim the wick the first time you light your new candle. However, the wick should be trimmed before re-lighting the candle. Trim off the little black ball (carbon ball) at the end of the wick (approximately 1/4 inch).
3. Soy candles do produce less soot than traditional paraffin wax candles. However no candle is completely soot free. To prevent your soy candle from producing soot, do not place your candle in a draft. The draft will cause the flame to flicker and smoke. Remember to burn your candle in an open space. If a candle is placed in a bookshelf or a small enclosed space, the amount of oxygen reaching the candle wick will be inhibited and black soot will form.
4. Keep the burn pool completely free from wick trimmings, matches or other debris. This also may cause soot to form.
5. Make sure that you always keep your candle wick centered to ensure that it burns evenly.
6. There is a trick to extinguishing candles that not many people know about. You take the end of a non flammable object and gently push the wick into the pool of candle wax then quickly push the wick back up again. This will leave the wick primed for the next time you light it.
7. Discontinue burning your candle when 1/4 inch of wax remains in the jar. Allowing the candle to burn until no liquid remains will cause excessive heat and may cause glass to break. Soy wax can be cleaned up with hot soapy water.
soap and water..
Never leave a burning candle unattended. If you are leaving your house even for just a short while, always extinguish your candle.
Do not fall asleep with your candle burning.
Keep your candle away from all flammable objects such as drapes, curtains, silk flowers, furniture etc.
Keep your burning candle away from children and pets and areas that your pets can jump to.
Candle Tips and Safety Tips